Saturday, September 8, 2018

Journal entry March 9 2003

We drove Grace to Espanola last night.  We wanted to, although Val was driving a car-load and she could have squished in with them Val says.  Really, that would not have been possible, it was Ruth's little red car and Val, Aiden, Chris, Christian were already in it.  We took Grace and 2 snowboards and would have taken everyone else too.  We left Grace with a whole lot of teens in Espanola at 2 am.  She'll be all right.

I have been quilting my peace quilt nearly constantly.  Still not done, but today will change that.  I can hardly wait to wash away the orange marker lines.  It is very disappointing however, as a product.  The pale colours and echo quilting do not stand out like I'd hoped.  I've begun some chain stitch embroidery to save it.  text is "each stitch is a prayer" repeated and the word Peace repeated and then embroidery on top of the quilting in the central pink diamond.  This last embroidery threatens to take me on another long road to complete the piece.
Yesterday, I listened to an entire book.  The Reader.  I ordered new sheets for our bed.  I've been reading the Wisdom of Menopause - just a few pages.  She sums up so well what happens to women's lives when they reach 50.  Children are grown and don't need the mother, and it seems like another world when I was truly so important before to my children.

April took off yesterday afternoon to go to Kristens and she is not looking forward to the school break without Grace.  She is in a bad mood about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment